S2485Splitter RS485 / N2 Bus Splitter
This Product has been Discontinued
The S2485Splitter is a specialty connector that allows field personnel to correctly and conveniently insert a daisy-chained pluggable connector within an existing RS-485 / N2 bus, thus allowing for RS-485 / N2 service and/or diagnostic tools to be easily used.
Johnson Control Users
The S2485Splitter was designed specifically for field personnel who in the past had the cumbersome and time consuming task of creating their own "patch" or interface cables that would become problematic and unreliable over time (wires breaking, etc). Consequently, the S2485Splitter was designed to be JCI N2 bus compatible and so its connectors were chosen and were wired to allow for direct plug-in capability into any JCI N2 Bus 3-Pin or 4-pin field devices (i.e. UNTs, AHUs, etc).
- One three-position N2-compatible Plug that allows for direct connectivity to JCI field equipment (i.e. you can plug the S2485Splitter into any JCI N2 receptacle)
- Two four-position N2-compatible Receptacles which accepts either the (standard) three or (newer) four position N2 Bus Plugs
- The S2485Splitter's three connectors are daisy chained wired which allows the user to correctly split the RS-485/N2 bus for insertion of their N2 Service tool (i.e. S2USB485)
- Since the S2485Splitter’s design is based upon a printed circuit board and soldered connectors, its reliability is far greater than "hand-made" cables
- Although the S2485Splitter was designed for the JCI N2 bus, it can be used with any RS-485 compliant bus
- Designed and Manufactured in Canada using only high quality and high reliability Industrial grade components